Our youth is our future. The South Coast LGBTQ+ Network’s Elevate Youth initiative exists to support the unique needs of LGBTQ+ youth in the South Coast of Massachusetts. We believe that when young people feel empowered and have an active role in defining their future, they are more likely to reach their full potential and make lasting societal change. We are focused on facilitating connections between LGBTQ+ youth and their peers, improving LGBTQ+ youth outcomes, and addressing LGBTQ+ homelessness issues.
FOR LGBTQ+ YOUTH/YOUNG ADULTS
We help you succeed as an LGBTQ+ individual with programs related to:
• Building meaningful family relationships
• Social groups and activities
• Health and wellness activities
• Life skills assessments
• HiSet (GED) and college enrollment assistance
• Job preparedness training—résumé writing, interviewing skills
• Financial literacy—how to write a check, buy a car, rent an apartment
• Referrals and resources
• Homelessness diversion
FOR FAMILIES of lgbtq+ youth
We facilitate conversations around challenging topics such as:
• What it means for your child to be LGBTQ+
• Who will support your child in school with their identity
• How to talk to your friends about your child transitioning
• How to keep your child safe
• What are your legal rights as a parent or guardian
• How to prepare your child for adulthood
• Specialized resources in the medical and mental healthcare fields
Be a Change-Maker. Join Our Youth Advisory Board.
In this brief video, intern Alex Bergson describes her role in driving participation in Elevate Youth. We need passionate and motivated youth like Alex Bergson who want to make a difference in their community and shape the future. Ages 14-24. Allies welcome. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
riding the wave
This summer, we partnered with Chris Antao and his amazing team from Gnome Surf to create for LGBTQ+ youth a fun and fulfilling summer outing that combined the therapeutic elements of the ocean with the adventure of surfing. Chris tells you more in the video. To learn more about Gnome Surf Therapy, visit Gnome Surf.